Salton Sea Scope Out

Yesterday, my significant other and me decided to take a day trip down to the Salton Sea and scope out the area for a mini photo shoot I want to do, and to find out all the cool abandoned places.

We stopped by the visitor's center, and I just put it out there bluntly to this group of elderly staff that I wanted to explore and photograph the abandoned sites around the sea and where the best spots where. They were very helpful and this one woman suggested Bombay Beach. It rang a bell in my mind, I had heard of it before and that was where we decided to head.

Arriving there, we explored a little then finally parked at the beach. There are still people living there, a mixture of abandoned houses next to those that were occupied. It was an interesting feeling being there, like walking around in only a half decayed town. But we had success, and I went on my photo frenzy. Might I also mention, thank God for Gorillapods, love it. We'd found the place I was going to shoot at, and surprisingly but then not so much, we saw another group that was doing what looked like a fashion shoot too.

Very good day, long drive out there, but it was worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment