Photo: Some experimenting at night

I went to Disneyland recently with one of my lovlies for her birthday at night, and decided to play around with a setting her aunt told me a little about when we were up in Big Bear end of December.

I mainly used the Twilight Portrait setting on a Sony point and shoot I borrowed (I prefer Canon by the way), and what this does is it basically attempts to capture the person/thing in the foreground with flash, while not entirely eliminating the background, which is done with a longer exposure.

I did not have a tripod with me, but was still able to get some interesting shots. I was just mainly experimenting and having a good time that night. So if you're ever just hanging out at night and want some fun shots or just to experiment (and you only happen to have a point and shoot) play around with the settings. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment