Artist: KuKula


I was looking at wallet cases from Classic Hardware and absolutely adored the artwork printed on the case I bought (of course, that's the main reason why I bought it, hehe). So I thought I'd share this delightful artist that I newly discovered. Some of her characters have an Audrey Kawasaki-esqueness to them, where the figures are mainly all girls with heavy eyelids and pouty lips.


The artist goes by the name KuKula. She was born in a "relatively isolated village about an hour north of Tel Aviv" and grew up around Holocaust survivors, thus most of her work contains a girlish sweetness combined with "real life horror" themes. It brings depth to her artwork. After KuKula received her degree in illustration, she moved to the San Francisco bay area which is where she currently resides, creating intriguing contemporary pop culture artwork. KuKula Land

0 comments:

Post a Comment