Want a Piece? My Rebel Re-Label Project

So I did end up sticking with Orbit Gum for my product project. My best friend helped me come up with a name as long as ideas. Since sugarfree gum contains sugar alcohol, if eaten in excess, this can cause diarrhea. Sadly, I've tested this and it proves true. So I've renamed my product MoreShit! A sort of half rhyme with Orbit, and it now (in my fantasy world at least) comes in Laxamint. Which by the way, in my search about different things for Orbit, I've found that laxative gum already does exist, so my product will have a spot on the market. Heh heh.

My bestie also gave me the idea of a sort of Bertie Bott's every flavor theme, which I think is another great idea considering Orbit gum has every unnecessary flavor out there possible.
After I finished my product, I wanted to see how it fit back into the world! I went to the liquor store by my house, asked to place it on the shelf, I did, and photographed it. Oh, my bastard child from Orbit fits so well into the gum social scene.

Some technical stuff if I must, I created it in illustrator, I found an Orbit box template off the internet (thank God for the internet) and I just used the box outline. I pretty much started from scratch. except for the ying yangish "O" logo in Orbit. That I used Live Trace and recolored it. I created a signature in high school in illustrator, but that's about all the work I've done in Illustrator. So this project I shall say was a bit of a learning experience. A good one mind that, and I tried keeping it simple for myself. Anyways, hope you find some humor from it, and enjoy. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment