My Photos: Digital Camera Beginnings

I've been feeling a sense of nostalgia lately, so I've decided I will probably be going back and forth between work I'm doing now and work I've done in the past. For my digital background, it mainly started about my sophomore year of high school. I took an ROP class for digital design, where I self taught myself to use Photoshop. Shortly after, before my junior year of high school, my mom bought me my first really nice Sony digital camera that I still use on occasion now. It has lasted me such a long time and been so good to me.


I'm more of a Canon and Nikon fan now, but I loved my first camera. I was going to take a photo class that spring, so I started playing around and messing with my camera. What was me messing around with close-ups and whatnot started to become more serious for me as I started to think about my pictures more and observe what I could take.


I really loved taking pictures of nature (flowers especially), dead things, or old rusted things. I also had some ideas of these simple pictures and my first models were my brother and sister oddly enough. Anyways, here are some of my first pieces. When I got into my photo class, and shortly after learning how to use illustrator, I created my signature I would put on my photos. I remember it took me about 2 hours, but I was pleased with it and still am.



0 comments:

Post a Comment