Pumpkin Artist: Ray Villafane

First off, I must say what an amazing last name...Villafane! Sounds so devious, and eeeevil mwahahaha. This sculptor, Ray Villafane, started to carve pumpkins for his art students, and I suppose he finally realized he was really good because then it turned into something more than just a hobby. I've seen some really good pumpkin carvings before, but I think he has got some pretty ridiculously detailed insane ones. Yay for pumpkin sculptures, especially the ones that look like they're gonna eat you, I like those the best because they're very unnerving and ones you probably don't really want in your house...To see Ray's process and the tools he uses, click here. I should try this intense carving sometime, pumpkins are such a fleshy medium...

0 comments:

Post a Comment